Thursday, February 26, 2009

Being busy makes me dizzy

Actually the dizziness is more likely attributed to the alcohol I imbide to cope with the stress of being busy.

What I've been up to:
-Sold fundraiser items last saturday at a Comedy Benefit for Whittlesea animal sanctuary and raised $90 for the furries and feathery.

-Etsy goodies for the bushfire appeal which need to be sent to Norway and England respectively

-Polka Dot Rabbit was featured in The Age and as a consequence I have a zillion orders of my cassette wallets. Here's some works in progress:


-My day job is extremely busy with staff shortages and heavy case load. The last thing I feel like doing when I get home is crafting as I am so tired. It's difficult combining a day job and small business on the side.

I know alot of crafters don't really talk about this. We are meant to be doing it all 'for the love of it'. But it can be extremely hard when it becomes a little overwhelming. You just have to take a deep breathe and keep going as well as you can. It also makes relationships difficult. I've missed alot of social events lately as I am at home working on orders after work and on weekends and my husband calls me a 'craft widow'. This makes me feel quite lonely. I love being creative but I don't want to be a one woman sweat shop.

Things I would like today if I could be and do anything:

And of course, the company of my lovely husband....

0 comments: