Friday, May 9, 2008

Sewing, soup and sausage rolls!

I had a most lovely evening last night. Chris and i went to the launch of "Soup for All Seasons", a vegan cookbook by the chefs of Las Vegan, published by Aduki Press.



We had some amazing vegan sausage rolls and cherry cocktails. This was followed by a yummy dinner and bits and pieces and copious amounts of vodka.

and i am very much looking forward to some cooking on the weekend, especially if it is cold and rainy and wintery. I promised I would make Spicy Moroccan Pumpkin and Chickpea soup :-).
Other weekend plans include some more glove embroidery for Polka Dot Rabbit store, working on my mosaic, a zine festival at Federation Square and a Rocket Science gig.

Today I took these pics:

Pigeon having a bath outside the library...

Cute shop art in Chapel Street


Today's gloves (embroidered by me!)

I have been looking at Vintage website for wedding dress ideas and i came across this gorgeous skirt that is (alas) sold!

2 comments:

meetmeatmikes said...

Oooh.. i adore that skirt! How lovely it is!

Cate Lawrence said...

I know! The possibilities with other animals are endless!