Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Food Glorious Food!


Sunday we spent the morning in bed for a change then went for Hot Chocolates and cheessecake at the Hopetoun Tea Room in the city. Yummy food and drink but the ambience was kinda spoilt by the commercial radio playing-surely some old tunes would have been nicer? We also saw some Next Wave art including an exhibition in a stairwell of all the rubbish (painted) that had been found in the stairwell. I really liked the idea and I liked the roof top cafe that was on top of the building. (I'll post some pics shortly).

In the evening I made Spaghetti Marinara for dinner, watched Skins and drank wine and ate lots of chocolate. Nice.

Cate's Easy Sunday Spaghetti Marinara recipe:

You need:

  • Seafood of your choice (preferrably fresh but frozen is ok)
  • parsley
  • white wine
  • onion
  • chilli
  • mushrooms
  • capsicum
  • Spelt Fettucini
  1. Cook Fettucini according to instructions.
  2. In the meantime fry onion and chilli in olive oil.
  3. Add other veggies and cook until brown
  4. Add seafood
  5. Once almost cooked add a slurp of white wine.
  6. Drain pasta and add to the pan with a handful of fresh parsley.


Serve with wine and parmesan cheese.

This week I'm back on my detox program as i need better health/body/energy/immune system for the oncoming months, particularly as I've gained quite alot of weight since I went to england and was eating meals like this:

So a typical day includes lots of fruit and veg, seeds, and wholefoods. No sugar or wheat. I have been extremely tired with a "stonking" headache (Chris' term) for the last couple of days. Lots of sleep seems to help. I am going to dinner tonight at Borscht, Vodka and Tears
and I think I will be ok food wise but it will be hard to resist the vodka!

I bought some wonderful art yesterday on Etsy from seller Artsy including this piece:



I absolutely adore it and can't wait for it to arrive!


1 comments:

Drewzel said...

I love the Hopetoun tea rooms, haven't been there for years though.

Oooh your Etsy purchase looks like it was constructed from a Woods Ware Beryl teapot! i collect that stuff, love it.
Yay Robot teapot!!