Pancakes are one of those foods that I quite like and really should have more often as they don't take anywhere near as long to make as anticipated. But they do result in a lot of washing up with the mixing bowl, spoons, fry pan, flour sifter, measuring cups...but they are worth it!
I bought a copy of Isa Chandra's Vegan Brunch a few weeks ago at World Vegan Day. I used her recipe with some adaptations for ease:
1 1/4 cups self raising flour
2 tablespoons oil (i used olive)
1/2 cup water
1 cup soy milk
2 tablespoons pure maple syrup (as I'm on a budget I used golden syrup)
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract ( vanilla essence for reasons above)
- Preheat pan
- Sift dry ingredients.
- Make a well in the centre and add the water, oil, maplesyrup and vanilla.
- Mix until combined, a little lumpy is ok. I added extra water to make them a bit thinner.
- Spray pan with some spray oil.
- Pour pancake batter in and cook pancakes until bubbles form.
- Flip and cook other side for another minute.
I served mine with nuttlex, golden syrup, kiwi fruit and strawberries :)