1 head garlic (or to taste), diced ( I like lots of garlic for my hayfever)
1 onion, diced
1 large carrot, diced
2 stalks celery, diced
1 red capsicum, diced
1/2 cup mushrooms, sliced
1 handful spinach
1/2 cup broad beans (out of the pod)
6 dried chillies, sliced
2 tablespoon cumin
1 veg stock cube
1 tspn oregano
1 tblespoon paprika
1 tablespoon cocoa
2 cans kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 can 4 bean mix, drained and rinsed
1/2 cup red lentils
1 can beer
- Fry onion, carrot, garlic and celery for a couple of minutes or until soft.
- Add mushrooms and broad beans and cook another minute.
- Add cocoa, stock cube, spices and chilli. Stir gently so it doesn't stick and add water once you can smell the spices.
- Add the beans.
- Add tomatoes, 2 cups water and 1 cup beer. Turn heat down and simmer with the lid on.
- Cook about 30 minutes, more is fine to combine the flavours.
Serve with rice, tortillas, corn chips. guacamole, salsa etc