Wednesday, October 27, 2010

It's out!

My husband's awesome publishing company aduki independent press has produced the The Australian Veg Food Guide 2010, a national guide of over 200 vegetarian, vegan and veg friendly restaurants around Australia. It's a great resource for those who are looking for animal free meals and is not only a book! As you can imagine, it was really hard to get all the restaurants around Australia reviewed (quite a lot of reviewers dropped out at last minute, strnagely). But rest assured, the food guide also has its very own website where you can contribute restaurant reviews, and add new eateries. An iphone app is coming soon! You can also buy it as an ebook for a mere $5. Cool hey? I'll be buying some (yes, I have to buy copies hehe) for gifts for friends!

ps-In case you're wondering, the photo on the front cover is of the delish Vegan Parma, available at Brunswick's very own East Brunswick Club

pps-We went to Fo Guang Yuan Art Gallery cafe for lunch today. I've not been there before, but Chris was very disappointed, apparently the menu has changed substantially with only a few 'snacky' kind of dishes (not cheap), noodles, and a lot of different teas and desserts. I had a bowl of noodles with faux-pork and vegetables. Tasty for $9.90 but it would have been nice if it came with tea as some of the other dishes. I'm not big on faux meats, as I have to limit my tofu and gluten intake, but once in a while is ok.
blog comments powered by Disqus