Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Australian Films to remember...

When Chris (my husband) first arrived from England I was keen to show him some Australian films. He'd seen Priscilla and Muriel's Wedding back in London and didn't think much of them. So showed him The Castle and Crackerjack which he enjoyed. I was mortified when he laughed all the way through Wolf Creek and John Jarrat's accent! ( When my housemate and I saw it at the cinema we were curled in foetal positions, eyes closed).

So now I'm on the hunt for these:

Flirting (1991)

The Year My Voice Broke (1987)
I thought about Bad Boy Bubby but I'm not sure it would appeal.. Anyone got any other suggestions?

6 comments:

Erika said...

How about 'Spotswood' and 'The Big Steal' I love both of those and love being able to recognise Melbourne landmarks while watching.

Carley said...

I'm a sucker for 'The Man from Snowy River' (how cliched!!)

CurlyPops said...

My favourites are Storm Boy and The Man from Snowy River

Chrisy said...

..how about Strictly Ballroom...Rabbit Proof Fence...Romulus My Father...

Cate Lawrence said...

ooh yes Strictly Ballroom! And The Big Steal! Man from Snowy River was actually the first home video I ever saw on my parents' VCR...

Cindy said...

Lantana was a goody too. A death in brunswick brings back some good memories too.