Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Retro Christmas- 1950

I've decided to post some retro Christmas pics from 1950 onwards. Christmas used to be a big deal in my family but it's been hard since my twin died last year. We are having a quiet one at home this year instead of visiting extended family or anything like that. It's hard to think of Christmas without the childhood memories of opening presents together and more recently, chatting to David in England as we talked about how we were spending the holidays and he would tell me of any snow sighting. So I'm trying to focus on Christmas in celebration of good things in my life and things that make me happy, which is about people and memories rather than just presents and too much food.

Anyway, here's some pics from 1950. All pics are from flickr, if you would like a particular link, just let me know.

There's nothing like applicances from Santa...

Look what happens to naughty children
I like...
I want these curtains but my husband would say they are too girly...

0 comments: