- Our veggie garden is overflowing with silverbeet! It's been a staple in all kinds of veggie dishes and also got me into making silverbeet and fetta pastries the other night. They were a hit for all of us, even the young child we were babysitting!
I don't have any pics, but here's how it goes...
salt and pepper
1. lightly saute all veggies. The silverbeet shrinks considerably so use more than you thought needs.
2. add cheese and condiments and mix through. Allow to cool.
3. Defrost puff pastry ( I must confess I've never made my own)
4. Cut pastry into triangles, spoon mix to the centre and fold over pasty. Seal by tweaking the edges.
5.Bake at 200c for about 20 mins or until golden.
You could certainly add tofu and/or whisked eggs if you would like more protein.
So, if you are based in Melbourne and would like some silverbeet, please let us know. We also have an ample quantity of rosemary growing in our front garden.