Friday, September 25, 2009

Big business steals art yet again!

I featured this dress from ASOS yesterday in my 'Things I like Today" post. I didn't realise that the design on the dress is a direct rip off of the art work of Ali J .

Killahdress

Knitted dress made by Killah.

Ali states in her blog:

this is what I think was the original image that was 'tweaked'. This artwork was from all the way back in November 2007 (crap photography skills at the time!)

Clowngirl

Fortunately -ASOS takes copyright infringement seriously and within a few short hours of being contacted has removed the dress for sale. They've also contacted the clothing line Killah to advise them of the issue and are in discussions with them of their right to use the dress.


This stuff makes me so angry! It's such a lack of integrity!
Thanks to Anna! from
Able and Game for letting me know

3 comments:

Cath @ chunkychooky said...

I blogged about this a while ago too- I agree that is an example at least that is getting remedied. it sucks big time!!!
I see with softies A LOT!
How can I compete against things beoing mass produced.

Chrisy said...

It must be so frustrating to have this happen...it'll be interesting to see how it goes...it's so hard to prove when they do their little tweaks..tho there's no doubt in my mind...but gosh that dress looks good doesn't it...

Cathy {tinniegirl} said...

Unbelievable. Glad to see some action being taken.