Here they are protecting the lettuce and silverbeet:
Pretty flowers grown from seed:
Cabbages, garlic, chives and parsley are all going well:
Celery is ready to harvest!
And to celebrate, I'm making celery soup! We have lots of celery so stay tuned for more celery recipes...
Celery Soup Times Ten Recipe
- 1 bunch celery (including leaves), chopped
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 6 cups vegetable or chicken stock or broth
- 1 potato, peeled and finely shredded
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- salt and ground white pepper
- 1/2 cup whipping cream or half and half
In large saucepan, saute celery and onion in a small amount of olive oil just until vegetables begin to brown.
- Stir in stock or broth. Bring to a boil.
- Stir in potato, reduce heat and simmer 30 to 45 minutes.
- Cool slightly. Puree in food processor or blender.
- Return to saucepan. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Stir in cream or half and half.
- Ladle into bowls to serve hot, garnished with a celery leaf.
- Chill if serving cold. Ladle into bowls and garnish with finely chopped celery and leaves for "crunch".